Business Expansion And Retention program
One characteristic of a vibrant local community is visible appreciation, understanding and support for its existing business base. Existing local businesses represent the engine for continuing economic activity and new jobs in any local community.
The BEAR program commenced in Ocean Grove in 2012 and is build on the following principles;
- B.E.A.R. builds on the power of community
- B.E.A.R. reflects the mindset of a connected, healthy and strong community
- B.E.A.R. reflects the actions of an enterprising community
- Creating positive change begins simply with conversation and B.E.A.R. is based on learning conversations
- This program focuses on the most critical element of local economic development – existing businesses
- B.E.A.R. can create a number of potential benefits for local businesses
- B.E.A.R. focuses on linking conversation with action
- B.E.A.R. builds local leadership and community entrepreneurialism and capacity
- B.E.A.R. is invaluable in terms of community planning
- B.E.A.R. enables communities to simply reinforce the golden rule of local business development – “business stays and expands where it is well treated and appreciated”
Latest information on this project can be found in the downloads section.